Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Make the switch: clean with cloth!



It's a new year and everyone's making resolutions on ways to improve themselves.  Maybe you're hitting the gym, eating better or implementing a consistent "me time".  Have you thought about switching to using cloth in your cleaning routine?

This was one of the first things I did as I switched to a more green home life.  It started off simply enough by registering for dish and hand towels when I got married.  It was a no brainer to have hand towels to dry my hands with and it made perfect sense to get the matching dish cloths, even if I didn't plan to use them to wash dishes.   Now though, those dish cloths are getting pretty ratty from use!

If you have cloths sitting in a drawer or closet, pull them out.  Evaluate them and decide how you are going to use them.  Are they cotton?  Microfiber?  Did you know that microfiber cloths are perfect for cleaning windows and mirrrors, you don't even need Windex!  Maybe you can start using the dish cloths as dish cloths instead of buying sponges.  Cloth gets better with use, it will become softer, more absorbent.  And you got those to use them, not have them sit where no one can see them!

So tell me, what is your favorite way to use cloth as you clean?  Bonus points if you share a picture of your favorite old rag on the facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment